28 May 2010

New Equipment: Orange (Jaffa) Alpkit Gourdon 20

So i recieved another Orange thing in the post today, an Alpkit Gourdon 20, having only ordered it yesterday. It even came with a handwritten note from Tom thanking me for the order. Here it is, next to a more traditional piece of luggage.


Without having had a real chance to use it (although i did wear it round the house for a few hours today) i can't give any kind of reveiw on the bag yet, but i can at least say why i bought it:
1) It's Orange. (Alpkit's orange colourway is referred to by them as jaffa)
2) It's a dry bag. So it should keep my stuff dry.
3) It has rucksack straps. So its more than just a drybag - i can use it as a daysack while in cities, for example, or for short hikes maybe.
4)It has an elastic accessory cord. I'll be using it as a washing line to dry wet clothes while on the move i think.
5) I like Alpkit. They have one of the most likeable websites that is designed to sell things, and their products all seem to be pretty cheap.

Go check out www.alpkit.com

So, I'll be strapping my little Gourdon on the top of my rear pannier rack, along with another (probably Alpkit) drybag, and they'll both be making my bike that bit more Orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment